The Lone Star Chapter of the Guild of Book Workers invites all members to participate in its 2011 exhibition of member Pamela Leutz’s book, The Threat That Binds: Interviews with Private Practice Bookbinders, currently available in unbound signatures from Oak Knoll Press http://www.oakknoll.com/detail.php?d_booknr=103925&d_currency=
The Intent for Participation form is now available. The Thread That Binds Exhibition Intent to Participate Form
Exhibit participants must be members of The Guild of Book Workers. Non Guild members may join the Guild ($75) and the Chapter ($10) to participate. http://www.guildofbookworkers.org
The exhibit is non-juried and submissions are encouraged from Chapter members of all skill levels—from novice to expert.
- Intent to Participate form due March 15, 2010. The form will soon be available in the Lone Star Chapter section of the GBW web site. In the mean time, please send queries to the chapter: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the GBW web site regional chapter page.
- Entry fee is $25, payable when binding is submitted.
- Completed submissions due April 1, 2011.
- Opening venue is planned for Southern Methodist University (Dallas, Texas) with a reception to honor the author.
- Additional exhibit venues still in formation.
- A printed color catalog will document the exhibition and will be available for sale.